Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm Only 34

I have to say that I have never been asked this question before.

Katherine and I were in the checkout line at CVS and I was telling her that I loved her. When the lady in front of me was done, she turned and asked me if she was my daughter or my, get ready for this one, my GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at her and said, "my granddaughter? Do I look old enough to have a granddaughter?" She said, "you never know. There are a lot of young grandmothers out there." I'm sure there are, but I am not one of them. And I definitely didn't think I looked old enough to be one. I'm sure I embarrassed her, but I thought I'm only 34. Anyways, I hope when I do become a grandmother people will still be asking if that two year old is my daughter or granddaughter, because then I will at least think that I look YOUNG ENOUGH to have a two year old.

1 comment:

jennyhope said...

LOL and happy birthday! I keep getting asked if I go to hoover. I am like no that was well over a decade ago! and I never went to hoover.