Wednesday, September 26, 2007

He Touched my Heart

I just wanted to tell all how the Lord really touched my heart yesterday through my children. We were listening to a song in the car and I looked back at Elizabeth and she had her eyes closed and her little hands raised in worship. It was the sweetest little thing. I could see and sense the sincerity in her as I looked at her. ( I would've loved to have stared at her, but the 4wildhares and their mom might have ended up praising the Lord in Heaven!!!) Anyways, when we got to where we were going she said she was crying as she sang that song because she could hear the devil telling her she didn't love Jesus. She said she was singing that song to the devil. The song says, "My Savior Loves, My savior lives, my saviors always there for me. My God He was, My God He is, My God He's always gonna be." And that my friend is what she was letting the devil know. WOW! And she's only 5.

Let me just say that Satan wants our children. I remember a few months ago praying with Katherine before bed just really asking God to bless her life and protect her from harm and evil. And then I sensed the devil just standing there waiting for the time he could get his hands on her. Let me tell you a sense of dread and urgency to pray for her came over me. It's like he couldn't touch her yet, but was waiting for the day he could. It brings knots to my stomach just thinking about it. We cannot take praying for our children lightly. Satan wants them. And he starts in the mind. Telling them they don't really love Jesus, etc. So one thing we must ask God to protect is their precious little mind and that they will realize when it's the devil putting thoughts in their head. And like Elizabeth, to tell Satan who God is and that He's always gonna be.

Now to how Davis blessed my heart. We were watching the video on my blog of the Revelation Song. About 1/3 of the way through, Davis let out a sigh. I thought he was getting restless b/c he was getting tired of it, but a second or two later, he dropped to his knees and put his head on the floor. When I asked him later what made him do that, he said, he was worshipping. Then it hit me that the sigh was an awe stricken sigh at the power of God. That is the place I hope he remains his whole life. Knees and face on the floor getting his breath knocked out of him as he considers the power of God.

No comments: