Saturday, September 1, 2007

Satisfied in Him

I know I keep bringing this up, but God keeps bringing it up with me. He is really driving the point deep within my heart that nothing is more satisfying than Him. He is showing me that all of creation was created for Him and through Him not for us "to be made much of but for us to make much of Him." (from John Piper) It's all about Him. Everything is about Him. I feel like I can't say it enough. It is a shame to live our life with no purpose but to be happy within ourselves and living for our own pleasure. There is so much more to life than that. We should ponder the question, "why was I created? Why am I here at this time?" Do we really think it is just for us? If so, we are living a sad sad life. When we realize that all of creation is for the glory of God, our outlook on life will begin to change. You will have another goal to live for. An eternal goal. God is the true treasure we should seek after. We were created to worship Him. Look up in Exodus when Moses went to Pharaoh to give him the command to let the people of God go. Every time God speaks this He says, "let my people go, SO they can worship me." That's it. That is the true point of life. God wants us to worship Him. But why? Because He knows that worshipping and finding our enjoyment in Him is what truly satisfies us. Nothing else will. At least not permanently. When He commands our worship it's out of love because He knows the joy that comes from it. And in turn, we glorify God when we enjoy Him the way He created us to. "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." (John Piper.)

Bear with me as I write these things. God is driving this point so strong in my heart. I truly believe that God wants His children to find their satisfaction and happiness in Him. And I fear that so many don't. God is huge. Nothing compares to Him. And ya'll, He is ours and we are His. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!

No comments: