Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Back Home

Well, we made it back home yesterday around 3:30. The trip actually wasn't that bad. I do have to say that my kids were troopers on the long drive there and back. No complaining, arguing, saying it's not fair, etc. So maybe it does help to be positive. When you think negative you see only the negative, but when you think positive you see the positive.

Now, being there is a whole different story. We were so cramped in the one bedroom one bath apartment. And they were wanting to be entertained the whole time which was very stressful for me. Friday, I met up with a friend of mine at Bass Pro Shop with her four kids. So yes, we had eight kids between us two adults. One very stressed adult and one very calm adult. (I was the stressed one.) They had a stuffed snake fight in the toy department and then we moved on to the four wheelers and they "rode" for about 15 minutes. Fortunately, we left there before getting kicked out. I guess we saw it coming. But beware Target!!! They were just getting started. It wasn't really that bad. They actually behaved pretty well and our kids got along great. And me and six of the kids had a really good laugh when we started talking about the names John David "Booty" (i think that's how you spell it) and the football player whose last name is "Fagg" and the tombstone with the last name "Dumfart." I get tickled just hearing them say, "What if your name was Booty Fagg Dumfart." Or hearing them say, "Dumfart, table of six." "Miss Booty, your table is now ready." Oh My Gosh!!! Hilarious.

Trying to save money, we brought along the two dogs. But they actually ended up costing us more. Well, Lillie did. She chewed a hole in the carpet, chewed on a pen and ink got all over the floor, and peed on the carpet a couple of times. And if that wasn't enough, I forgot to put a diaper on Katherine the first night and she peed all over the bed. Plus she pulled some paint off of the drawer in the kitchen. Poor Blake!! We arrived to a clean apartment and left to a trashed one. But all is well.

Overall, the trip was a good one. But Lillie will never be welcomed back and I will have to prepare to entertain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! I too just made a crazy trip with the boys and they were unbelievably good. I can only say thank goodness for the dvd player and the fact that caleb was in a good mood and wanted to help me out occasionally. I think sometimes that it is easier to have them all strapped into car seats because they can not reach each other to fight than when we are at home all day long. It is WWF most of the day!!! Anyway, I am glad you had a good trip, that you were able to spend time with Blake, and your visit with Chelsea went well. I didn't know she had 4 kids, too. Take care...Janet

Anonymous said...

This is LOL funny!! The name game had me in stitches and tears!
YayYay