Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Amanda

There are only a few friends that God brings into your life for a purpose and one of those He has brought into mine is Amanda Taylor. She is the most humble, sweet, real and loving person I have ever known. She will be the first to tell you how much she loves the Lord, but she will also be the first to tell you that she is a sinner only saved by grace. I have seen her grow so much in the Lord and she is such an encouragement to me. I know that when I feel defeated, she is there to encourage me and lift me up. Without doubt, I always feel revived when I get off the phone with her.

She and I went to school together. We were good friends, but I never would have thought we would have stayed in touch the way we have. She was always closer to the girls she "grew up with" as I was the one who "invaded" the school in 8th grade. I always looked up to her. She was beautiful, had a wonderful family and everyone loved her. She was who I wanted to be. We had our rough times in school but we persevered through it all and now we are closer than ever. I can tell her anything and never fear that she will judge me or feel she is better than me.

Amanda, I love you dearly. God truly blessed me with your friendship. I am a better person for knowing you. You are such an encouragement to me and you have the childlike faith I long to have. Keep your humble attitude and God will do great and mighty things in your life. I am so glad to call you "my friend." And no matter where life takes us, you will never be forgotten. (PS I think you know what I'm talking about.) I love you much

Nat

No comments: