Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Beach Trip







We just returned from the beach on Sunday evening and let me say it was an experience. The day we left started out good until I realized I couldn't have my morning bible time and immediately I lost all patience I had with the kids. Without saying anything they all stayed clear of me. Ill is not even the word to describe me. I did get better and I did apologize to them for being so ugly. And of course, they forgave me.

When we got there (it took us 5 hours since I went 30 min. out of the way) we went straigt to the RV we were staying in. One bedroom, one bath one couch, and one table for, um, six people. Need I say more. Just for visual effect, here is a picture of the RV (which belongs to my dad.) Needless to say, I learned to appreciate what I have and not complain about needing more space. We ate at cici's pizza and had only two accidents. Elizabeht spilled her pizza on the floor and Katherine spilled her drink. No major catastrophes. We left there and went on to the beach. It was 9:00 at night and when we left, my kids were wet and sandy. Something I did not want to have to deal with so late on the day we arrived.

Anyways, we had a great time. We spent Friday on the beach. Blake got there about 7:30 and we went to eat at LuLu's for dinner. WE waited two hours for a seat but the kids had fun waiting. They had games and volleyball on the beach for them to play. Saturday we went and ate lunch at Lambert's, "Home of the throwed rolls." The kids loved seeing the waiters throw rolls across the room at people. I caught two of them myself. After we ate we went to a place called the Track and rode bumper boats, go carts and some amusement rides for the little ones. WE had a really good time. We cooked out Saturday night and then crawled into bed for a good night sleep.

We went back to the beach for a couple of hours on Sunday. It was blazing hot so we didn't stay long. We left for Birmingham around 4 and finally got home at 9:30. Here are some pics of our trip. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was so much fun








love abh

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat,
Love the pics--but my only complaint is where's the bikini shot of you??!!??
love you, Amanda

Anonymous said...

I finally got back on the computer...I guess I took an unintended sabbatical!