Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Being Real

At the age of 18, God called me to full time ministry. I had no idea at the time what I would be doing but during the last two years He has shown me and confirmed His calling on my life which is teaching His word. But what I keep hearing Him tell me over and over is that I must be real. I must be real to all those I teach. I can't be untouchable. If I were, they would never be able to relate to me. I have my spiritual side, but I also have my fleshly side. I live in this world but I am not of this world. I want so desperately for people to be able to relate to me. I want them to know that God is my everything, but I also want them to know that I still struggle and have problems. Yes, I get mad at my kids and husband. And yes, sometimes I wish there were no one else but me. I get jealous of people and I sometimes wish I were the best at everything. But I realize that all those feelings are normal but feelings that only God can change. And I would never judge anyone for feeling "normal." What God has shown me is that He is the only true satisfaction in this life. ThAT He is the "manna" from Heaven. Nothing compares to knowing and loving Him. As the old song goes, " I LOVE TO LOVE HIM."

No comments: