Friday, August 24, 2007

Don't Give Up On Me

These are the words to my new favorite song. It's on Billy Ray Cyrus' new CD called Home At Last. I'm not sure if it is original or if it is a remake.

Don't Give Up On Me
I fall down, I get up, Just a man, flesh and blood. So I pray, constantly, don't give up on me.

I am weak, you are strong, I need your love, to carry on, Keep the faith, hear my plea, don't give up on me.

I'm just a child there's so much I don't know. I'm doing my best to learn as I go. But I'm not afraid just as long as your holding my hand.

Don't know what, you love me for, you deserve, so much more, I would die if you set me free, don't give up on me.

When my best, ain't enough, when my strength, won't hold up, when I'm less than what I can be, don't give up on me.

I'm just a child theres so much I don't know, I'm doing my best to learn as I go, But I'm not afraid just as long as your holding my hand.

Keep the faith, hear my plea, don't give up one me.

This is the song I've been singing for the past few years. Of course in my own way, but portrays exactly how I feel. I have been crying out with the psalmist in 119:8 when he says, "I will obey your commands, please don't give up on me." NLT


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on singing! Sing with the psalmist, "He has put a new song in my mouth, even a hymn of praise."