Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Working Through Me

As I was sitting and praying this morning I began to ask God to grant me my hearts desires. My prayer was, " God, I have a desire to do great things for you." Very quickly God responded with these words, " You don't do great things for me, I do great things THROUGH you." I stopped in awe and wonder and I began to ponder those words not because I didn't believe Him, but because I wanted them to sink deep within my heart. It definitely changed the way my prayer went. I have always gone about praying that God would allow me to do great things for him, but now my prayer will be," Lord, here I am, do great things through me."

We don't work for God. He works through us. And He will use anyone who is willing to be used. Let's cry out with Isaiah and say, "Here I am, send me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so good...such a good Father.


His mercy endures FOREVER!!