Sunday, August 19, 2007

I don't even know what to call this blog. I guess there are really no words to describe the anger I was feeling today and have been feeling the past couple of days. It started when I was watching a cbs special on a group of mormons that still practice polygamy and how they could be arrested for having more than one wife. Then a couple of days later I was watching espn and how Michael Vicks is facing jail time for funding dog fighting. Don't get me wrong, these things are wrong and I don't believe in them, but here is what angers me. We are living in a wicked generation when we, as a government, say that it is a felony to fight dogs and be married to more than one person, but every woman has the right to kill her unborn child. Give me a break. That is so so backwards. So upside down. I don't even see how someone could make that "make sense" in their minds, and it angers me. We say it's wrong and should be punished to kill a bald eagle, but yet we say "it's o.k. to kill the child growing inside of you." That is so messed up and I believe that we as Christians should begin to take a stand for what is truly right. We need to put on our armour and stand up and fight for our God. It's time to get up and be counted.

It's time to get serious about God and advancing His kingdom. There is so much casual christianity these days that the "church" is losing it's power. I want the power that God offers and I want to be a voice crying out "prepare the way for the Lord." Because my friends, He's coming and I believe it's soon. The Bible says that our eyes are the lamp of the body. If you are looking at darkness, you will be filled with darkness, but if you are looking at light then you are filled with light. Luke tells us to make sure there are no "dark corners" in our life. I love that. What is lurking in the corners of your life. If there are spider webs, we need to sweep them out. If there is darkness, we need to let the Light shine on them.

God, let my light shine brightly for you and your glory. As bright as the noonday sun. Please begin to sweep out the dark corners and begin to brighten them up with your love and mercy and power. I want you to do great things through me to change this world we are living in. I love America and wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but I hate the moral decline of our nation. Revive us, O God and may we stand up as Mighty Warriors for you. May we say, "put me on the front line, because you are worth my very life if that's what you call from me." May our hearts be pure and our lives be Holy just as you are Holy. You are God and there is no other. Pour out your spirit on all peoples and bring a great revival throughout this land. And then let us be ready as the trumpet is being prepared to blow and we see our Lord and Saviour, our precious Jesus Christ coming down in all His Glory as King of all nations. We are your people and you are our God. Rain on us Holy Spirit, rain on us!!!

No comments: