Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Chapter

Well, Blake started his job in Savannah on Monday which is the introduction to a new chapter in our lives. Just last night we were talking about how things change so much throughout our lifetime. We are rarely in one place and sometimes it's two or three before you finally settle into a place to call home. Our first adventure was spending a year in Pensacola. We never really felt at home there b/c we knew we would be leaving after a year. We moved to Savannah and we were there 7 years. Once again, we packed our bags and headed to Birmingham where I thought it was for good. I thought this was the place my kids would call home forever. As a matter of fact, when the opportunity came to go back to Savannah I told Blake I wouldn't go for 500,000 dollars a year.

However, after many many prayers a lot of thought, and a lot of talking, I realized God had different plans. Let me pause here to tell you not to ever say you won't do something because that will more than likely be the very thing you will do. God has shown me this more than once and the last being that I am moving back to Savannah and let me add that it is for wayyyyyyyyyyyy less than 500,000 per year. Savannah isn't my top pick for places to live but the joy I have in knowing that I am doing God's will is more satisfying than getting everything I've ever wanted. He has a plan for my family in Savannah and I am so excited to begin the journey with them and Him. He is so good and I know that He would never ask me to do something that won't end up bringing me eternal satisfaction. So when you feel like He is leading you, go. God goes way beyond what we want and looks at what will bring us greatest eternal joy and Him the most glory. Sometimes God asks us to do things that at the time seems unfair or hard or unappealing, but He knows that our joy is set before us. And when we follow Him, He will reveal Himself to us in new ways. If Abraham hadn't obeyed God and taken Isaac to sacrifice Him, He wouldn't have known Him as provider!!!!!!!!! So, take up your cross and maybe your belongings or your job or your will, and let Him lead you into your promised land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you.