Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Psalm 101 Pledge

I will sing of your love and justice, Lord
I will praise you with songs.
I will be careful to live a blameless life
when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity in my own home
I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.
I hate all who deal crookedly;
I will have nothing to do with them.
I will reject perverse ideas
and stay away from every evil.
I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
I will not endure conceit and pride.

I will search for faithful people to be my companions.
Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me.
I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house
and liars will not stay in my presence.
My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked(the enemies of God) and free the city
of the Lord from their grip.

Psalm of David

I came across this chapter in Psalms during my bible reading the other morning and have began praying it at the end of my devotion time. I thought it was great and I plan to continue to do this on a daily basis and also turn it into a prayer for my children. I encourage you to do the same as we grow hungry for more of Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How good is that?!?!?!?! These verses are beautiful!!!!! I feel like such a slug!!!